mama, today you are FiFtY & FaBuLoUs
a year ago this day you were in the ICU and no one, not even the dr's could tell me what your life would be like after your injury. You were alert and definitely coming out of the fog (your spit fire personality was showing~the nurses told me that) and although you thought kurt russell had come to have lunch with you and the dr's would take you out to eat...I could see that you were getting better...one day at a time.
so, on your birthday I got the clearance to make you crab (your fav) and bring it into the hospital. I prepared you and JD a nice dinner of crab and shrimp scampi over udon noodles...much to my surprise when I returned to the hospital the drain had been removed from your head and they told me you were going to be transferred outta ICU the following day...from that day on you just recovered remarkably and left the hospital a few days later...
today on your birthday...you are here with me and the whole family was able to be together and celebrate your very special day! i am overwhelmed with emotion and so grateful for today and everyday we can share together.
Happy Birthday MaMa~I love you "to the sun and back"
dinner @ Crab Cooker
(perfect for the kiddos)
"here's to many many more birthday celebrations!"
*CHEERS*

3 comments:
Aww, I just teared up. Every one looks so beautiful and happy in these pictures. Happy Birthday Anita! I'm so glad we have good mama's. xo
So sweet Elishia. Happy Birthday Anita! (and by the way, Charlotte is your mom's TWIN!).
Post a Comment