Okay, this video is from my phone, so I wasn't able to zoom in to catch my lovely girls sing their little hearts off... I was so sad when I whipped out my NEW awesome camera only to find that it was dead. The quality is bad and you probably can't even see the girls, BUT at least I was able to capture the moment...right?!
Anyway, this was the girls' very first performance @ school. Not only was it close to V day, but it is Black History Month so the 1st graders sang all sorts of different songs about LOVE & friendship and Martin Luther King. The girls were so excited and so very serious about this that they prepared for over a month! They'd practice by performing for me and Charlotte or in front of the mirror over and over and over again...and then all over again...get the picture!
They all did GREAT and looked so happy and so proud of themselves!
However, as a mom, I was a little disappointed by how casual the night was. The school had a town hall style meeting that night, so I think the performance was a way to bring in parents. Which is fine, but the meeting ran over and then they rushed the kids. Other things like formality and organization bugged me too, but now it sounds like I'm complaining so I'll stop...I can remember as a little girl getting all dressed up and performances at school being such a BIG deal...maybe times have changed or maybe a child's perception is completely different than an adults...

No comments:
Post a Comment