Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kirby


Yesterday, while I was minding my own business at home a salesman came to the door and offered to clean the carpet in one of my rooms for FREE. So, thinking this man was offering a carpet cleaning service, and we need our carpets cleaned, badly, I accepted with pleasure. I happened to have my vacuum out in the middle of the room I wanted cleaned and he commented on my Dyson....and quietly mentioned that the man who would clean the carpet was going to be using a Kirby.....he also happened to mention he was selling them, BUT, I was under no obligation to buy one.....HUH!
Well, 2 hours later and convincing me how much I needed and how my life would be so much better, I was this close () to spending $2300 on a vacuum....Crazy, huh??? Well, I still don't think I was that crazy to want one. I mean, these vacuums can do EVERYTHING and I mean everything. From vacuuming to painting to massaging your scalp! For those of you who know my husband....just think for a moment what would have happened if I bought the Kirby??? Let me just say, I wouldn't be here telling you about it!

I'm warning all my friends out there...DON'T answer the door or JUST SAY NO to Kirby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my grandma bought a vacuum from these people. Good product I guess but she bought it on the idea that she would be helping the salesman earn a trip to Chicago. We told her she could have paid for the entire trip for that kind of money!

Claudia said...

too funny, my mom was just telling me a story of this exact thing happening at her house. She got home from the gym and found her favorite vacuum in the garbage... she ran inside about to kill someone, when she say my dad "playing" with what he called "the best invention ever!" lol