we finally got up enough courage to take a road trip...and not a wimpy one - a LONG road trip to Oregon...and back! It was basically a make it or break it kind of trip depending on how the girls did in the car...I'm happy to report that we will definitely take ANOTHER road trip because the girls did stupendous!!!! Hallelujah!
We left our house around 8:30pm - missed all the LA traffic and the girls (and dave) were out by 10:30...I had the car to myself and I drove....and drove...and drove...all the way to Weed, CA (5:30AM). We decided to stop in Weed just so we could say, "we stopped in Weed" haha. By the afternoon, we arrived at my grampa's house. His house always brings back such wonderful memories and I'm so glad the girls were able to experience some of the things I use to experience when I was their age. I hope they will remember the happy times a great grampa's too.
Some of the things we did on our trip:
- spent the day at a swimmin' hole
- rode grampa's ATV
- met up with some friends that I've know since birth
- visited my dad's grave
- bbq'd with family
- watched some softball (oregon style...hehe)
- sea lion caves
- whale watching
- beach play
- crescent city aquarium
- hiking in the redwoods
- drove on the Ave of Giants
- drove over the Golden Gate Bridge
...and so many more memories. here are our pictures of our adventures

No comments:
Post a Comment