Thursday, May 7, 2009

good days..and..bad days

I didn't realize the last update was Monday. My days are officially running together and i'm emotionally drained.

my mom is still in ICU and it looks like it will be this way for a while...what's a while??...who knows at this point.

Monday and Tuesday (day) were good days. My mom was alert and responsive and was even joking with us, BUT something happened Tuesday night...she became disoriented, confused and ended up pulling her IV out, so she had to be put in restraints. Wednesday morning she went in for her cerebral angiogram and was even able to get a peek and some kisses from Charlotte in the hall on her way to the procedure...the look on my mom's face was priceless-i'll never forget that moment...from the time she left and returned to her room, she had changed, and it wasn't for the better.... she had become completely unresponsive to a point where she was staring at me but she couldn't/wouldn't squeeze my hand, blink an eye or say a word. It scared the crap out of me and I then realized that her condition is still VERY serious. By the end of the day, her 'episodes' would last a few minutes and then she'd come back to us and her herself, per say. And by the way

She went in for a CT this morning, which I'm still waiting to talk to the Dr about, but overall, she is doing better...still confused and it seems like her short term memory just isn't there, but she's responsive and recognizes her family. She still falls into that "fog", but it seems to coming less and less...

1 comment:

The love of decoarting said...

Elisha,

I will keep your mom in my prayers. I know this time must be pretty hard for you, just remember God is there for you every moment. I hope things get better for her and she continues to heel.
I will also keep you in my prayers stay strong...

Gessica