it a great thing when my post titles seem to be starting a pattern of "good days." Although, I 'm still hesitant to make a BIG deal over it because I'm scared of jinxing it...
BUT, on a good note...today was in fact a GOOD day for my mom.
She had a 3rd CT scan and the results were good...they see improvement in her brain, and by 'improvement' I mean NO HYDROCEPHALUS....YAY.... Her ventriculostomy (brain drain) was clamped today and her ICP (intracranial pressure) remained around 9, which is GOOD, very good...The nurse has an order to unclamp the drain if her pressure is at a 25 for more than 30 minutes...This is showing that her brain is reabsorbing the fluid like healthy brains do...another GOOD. She sat up at ate her breakfast and lunch in a chair today which was a first for her so her muscles in her legs were cramping up and super sore.
I'm still waiting to hear from the Dr. at USC and still considering getting her transferred. My gut is not letting it go just because she's showing progress...
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment