Wednesday, May 13, 2009

.mother's.day.

I'm late with my mother's day post...so mama, when you get the chance to read this, I'm sorry...;)

This mothers day was very different from any other mothers day I've experienced and on Sunday (mother's day) i spent my morning getting a mani and pedi and then off to the hospital to spend the whole day with my mama... we didn't talk much, but i was able to watch her sleep- probably like she use to do with me when i was itsy bitsy and then she would catch me watching her and she'd make some silly comment, but all i could think of and imagine is the fact that I came "this close" to losing her and having to spend a Mother's Day without MY mama.

Two weeks ago, my life changed forever and I can say now that I am so-so THANKFUL for my mom. She had me at 18 and raised me as a single mom...and now I can proudly say, she raised me pretty darn well!!! We've had our ups and downs, but she brought me into this world and I will be forever thankful to her for loving me unconditionally and for accepting me for who I am.

She's shown me what a Mother's Love is all about and now that I have my own children I can understand what that is and can only hope my girls will one day understand the LOVE I have for them...

Happy Mother's Day Mama...forever and always my mama you'll be...

1 comment:

Joannah said...

I started to cry when I read this. I pray for your mom every day and think about her. I can't imagine how scared you must be Elishia. I know you are holding a lot on your shoulders right now and I'm so proud of you for being so strong and I know your mom and family must be too. I'm glad she is doing well and hope this continues!